lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev peculiar behavior with Ctl-z

From: mattack
Subject: Re: lynx-dev peculiar behavior with Ctl-z
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 17:13:59 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 10 Jul 1999, Philip Webb wrote:
>there may be a bug involving Lynx, but why do you use  ^z  here?
>if you're running Screen, you should never need to suspend a program,
>merely enter  ^a c  to create another window in which to do whatever,
>then  ^a k  to remove it again.

As nice as screen is (I'm running it now and have a hard time when I'm on
a system without it -- like MacOSX at work - couldn't get it to compile for
some reason I forget)... I definitely very often still ^Z out of programs.

I just think that having more than 4 or so screens is annoying (1=trn,
2=pine, 3 usually is lynx, and 4 is a 'spare' for doing shell stuff).  I
still will ^Z out of programs more often than creating new screens.

BTW, your answer seems along the lines of "use a real [gui] browser" kind of
sentiment.