lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev LYNX: frames,frames,frames,frames,and more frames. HELP!

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: frames,frames,frames,frames,and more frames. HELP!
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 20:39:43 -0700

On Fri, Jul 09, 1999 at 05:43:24PM -0400, brian j pardy wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 09, 1999, Doug Kaufman wrote:
> > On Fri, 9 Jul 1999, David Combs wrote:
> >
> > > I'm on the addison wesley new-book mailing list.  Here's one
> > > item from it:
> > >
> > > ________________________________________________________
> > > Computer Algorithms: Introduction to Design and Analyis, Third Edition
> > > Sara Baase, Allen van Gelder
> > > ISBN: 0-201-61244-5
> > > http://www.awl.com/cseng/titles/0-201-61244-5
> > > This title will be available for review during the first week of August.
> > > If someone can figure out how to get TO the info ABOUT the book,
> > > instead of links-page after links-page to frame-parts (top, bottom,
> > > left-corner, right-corner, ad nauseam...), and can write something
> > > that explains a bit of what they've done, I'll email them with it
> >
> > I think you just have to follow likely looking frames. The link you need
> > (all on one line) is
> > I got this by following the link "bottompad".
>
> I'm highly considering making a patch for my personal use that will
> cause Lynx, whenever finding a frame titled "content", will jump
> directly into that frame, bypassing the previous page.
>
> <grin>
>
> We all know what's in the other frames is NEVER content...

Yeah, but doug said that HE followed "bottompad".

I myself had tried "content" somewhere in that chain of links
(wild goose chase for me), and THAT page was just more garbage-looking
links.

Please do go to that site listed in the 10th or so line of the
body of this email, and YOU see what general rules you can
come up with that will work with this (crazy) site.

Serious.  Maybe YOU can find something that makes sense.

Myself, I've never heard of a "bottompad" -- but then, I don't
program html.

Thanks!

David