lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.3.dev4+Slang 1.3.8: arrow keys not working?

From: Ismael Cordeiro
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.3.dev4+Slang 1.3.8: arrow keys not working?
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 07:09:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 16 Jul 1999, T.E.Dickey wrote:

> > Hi. I just compiled the latest Lynx devel but I can't get my arrow keys
> > to work.
[snip]

> mine work (I build 3 copies for my home machine; 1's slang and the arrow
> keys work in that).
>
> dev.4 deprecates some hardcoded escape sequences in favor of what's
> defined in the terminfo - perhaps your $TERM points to something that has
> the cursor keys in application mode or vice versa (e.g., \EOA versus
> \E[A).

I have the same problem on Solaris (terminfo) and FreeBSD (termcap) with
slang 1.3.7. The cursor keys don't work, only the numeric keypad.

Ismael

       | ISMAEL CORDEIRO            | mailto:address@hidden      |
       | Production sound mixer     | http://www.ismael.cordeiro.com/ |
       | Montréal - Québec - Canada | ftp://ftp.cam.org/users/ismael/ |