lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Re: LYNX: history-page itself not put onto history stack!

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: LYNX: history-page itself not put onto history stack!
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 11:42:35 -0700

On Thu, Jul 15, 1999 at 10:52:37PM -0700, Michael Warner wrote:
> On or about 14 Jul, 1999, David Combs
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jul 14, 1999 at 07:01:42PM -0500, Klaus Weide wrote:
>
>       [...]
>
> > > [*] There is some trick by which one could/(probably)can force
> > >     the HISTORY page to appear on the stack - basically, invoke
> > >     PRINT menu from the HISTORY page - but I assume you are not
> > >     talking about such an obscure thing.
> > >
> > >    Klaus
> > >

> > I guess my memory is just plain wrong.
> >
> > (Your suggested trick does not work, not for me
> > on Lynx 2.8.3dev.3 (29 Jun 1999) )
>
> FWIW...
>
> ...From the History Page, try 'p' 'g' '^g' '<BackSpace>' (print,
> goto, cancel, history).  Seems I actually had to do something
> from the Print page (even if I aborted it) - print to screen
> worked, too.  Dunno why, but it seemed to do what you wanted, in
> kind of a laborious fashion.
>
> 2.8.3dev.2

Well, didn't work for me.  Probably I did it wrong.

Anyway, I played around a bit doing similar things
(one being g somewhere then z'ing it), and either
then or later discovered that I had BROKEN part of lynx.

Each time I hit the backspace (do hist page), a sequence
of these backspaces, it ALTERNATED between (in this case)
a history page and my bookmarks-page (which I list on
the command-line as the url to goto first).

Maybe YOUR trick just demonstrated a BUG somewhere?

David