lynx-dev

lynx-dev keypad mode changes not fully effective (bug)

From: Kim DeVaughn
Subject: lynx-dev keypad mode changes not fully effective (bug)
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 14:14:56 -0600

While checking keypad keys for proper functionality (as part of looking
into the recent "arrow key problem" in dev.4), I stumbled back into a
problem that has been around for quite awhile ... at least since I did
the TEXTAREA external editing work.

Seems that when I go from the "links and form fields are numbered" mode,
to the "numbers act as arrows" mode (or vice versa), the numeric [tag]
gets turned off (or on) when the "Accept Changes" submit button is acti-
vated, BUT the function of the keypad keys themselves does not change,
but continue to initiate a "follow/goto link number" operation (or going
the other way, they continue to activate the HOME/END/arrow/etc functions).

In order to have the keypad keys change their functionality, the o(ptions)
need to be "saved to disk", AND lynx needs to be exited/restarted.

This is using the new-style o(ption) page ... I dunno if the old-style
o(ption) menu is working this way also.

Before I go digging, I'm wondering if other folks see this behavior, or
if it might be config/platform dependent.

Feedback ...?

/kim