lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev build of lynx on HPUX 10.20 cores

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev build of lynx on HPUX 10.20 cores
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 02:52:37 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 17 Jul 1999, Kevin Lister(C) wrote:

> Hi Klaus,
>
> Thanks for the tip. It looks like -tlog is not a valid option though. I
> used -trace instead.

That's impossible for any moderately recent version...
And from your other message your code seems to be 2.8.2rel.1.
Does -tlog appear in the list from 'lynx -help'?

The -tlog is just to switch the trace destination from a file ~/Lynx.trace
to stderr, apparently your version does that automatically...

What flags did you give to ./configure?
Try to compile a version without extras, esp. without NSL_FORK
(--disable-nsl-fork), to help narrow the problem down.

Check some obvious things:
  Is the version you are testing really the binary just compiled?
  Do 'rm config.cache' and 'make clean' before reconfiguring /
  recompiling in the same source tree.
  Do you have any unusual lynx.cfg settings?  Try with an empty
  lynx.cfg, or simpler 'lynx -cfg=/dev/null'.

> I tried a different URL and got this as the last
> few lines of the trace:
>
> Looking up XXX.cup.hp.com.
> TCP: Parsed address as port 80, IP address 15.XXX.XXX.XXX
> Making HTTP connection to XXX.cup.hp.com.
> Bus error (core dumped)
>
> I 'X'ed out some of the sensitive bits. Anywho, looks like it cores on
> trying to establish an HTTP connection. Bummer, I was hoping that the
> install of lynx would go smoothly. :o)

I hope someone with the same OS can help you further.

If you have a debugger, you should compile with -g (or whatever
the option is to keep debugging info) and step through HTDoConnect()
to see which call fails.

   Klaus