lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev patch that allows text inputs to be non-sticky

From: mattack
Subject: Re: lynx-dev patch that allows text inputs to be non-sticky
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 12:13:09 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 27 Jul 1999, Vlad Harchev wrote:
>On Wed, 28 Jul 1999 address@hidden wrote:
>
>>[...]
>> >
>> >Could be changed later.  WOuld probably a Good Thing but not
>> >straightforward.
>>
>> Yeah, hopefully you will be able to just arrow over it with one key,
>> just like a regular link -- i.e. downarrow gets you to 'editfield selected
>> but not editing', downarrow again moves you to the next item..
>
> Seems that you'll be unable to edit, say, 3rd line of textarea if such logic
>will be implemented.

Well, I don't know how hard this is to implement in the source, but all
I'm talking about is the whole text area to act as if it were ONE big
thing, even though it's really a bunch of separate lines edited "together".
(This is what I gather from the discussion here.)

You don't even really need to keep too much information around..  Just
when you hit a movement key:

if you are moving onto another line of the current textarea
 if you were in editing mode of the line you are moving off of,
        you are in editing mode on the line you are moving to
 otherwise
  you're not and just move to the next item that's not a line in the current
  textarea