lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.3dev.5

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.3dev.5
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 00:15:14 -0400 (EDT)

Re: are we going to add anything that comes along

I think the move towards features that can be configured in or out is
a good one.  That allows one to tune a compile appropriate.

Re: when do features get removed

I would say when the feature no longer operates, that's the time to remove
it.  As for gopher - does the code work?  It should stay in if we can
verify that it works.  As for news - I vote to keep it in.  As for wais -
has it been removed yet?  I don't recall.  In all these cases, I would
say if someone comes along and submits patches to make these protocols
compile time options, that would be great.

It seems less than optimal to 'remove' an option that just requires that
someone spin off a project in parallel to lynx - and removing news would
require just that.
--
Larry W. Virden                 <URL: mailto:address@hidden>
-><-