lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: Lynx 2.8.3.dev5: some little (key) problems.

From: Frederic L. W. Meunier
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Lynx 2.8.3.dev5: some little (key) problems.
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 20:50:58 -0300

Klaus Weide <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Actually the delete key moves to the end of the screen, line by
>> line.
>It should be by two lines, not by one line, please check more carefully.

You're right. Two lines. But something is wrong...
H)elp O)ptions P)rint G)o M)ain screen Q)uit /=search [delete]=history list
                                                     |---------------------|

>I am quite sure that you have a TERM variable set - whether by you
>explicitly or by rxvt automatically.  So let us know what it is.

Yes, rxvt set's it to xterm by default. I haven't changed.

>Check what bytes those two keys actually send.
>The absolute simplest way: in bash, type ^V, then the key in question.
>You will see something like ^H or ^? or ^[[3~.

delete: ^[[3~
backspace: ^?

>Compare that to what the terminfo for you $TERM says:
>Do  infocmp -L
>and look for:
>key_backspace
>key_dc

key_backspace=^H, key_beg=\EOE, key_c1=\EOF,
No key_dc

I use a br-abnt2 keyboard with the xmodmap provided by the program xkeycaps
and I have the following:
keycode 0x16 =  BackSpace
keycode 0x6B =  Delete

Oh, now I get ~ using the delete key with an rxvt and the backspace key act
as delete. It worked fine with my last rxvt (at least the delete key...).
It's not a problem with Lynx. I wasn't using the same rxvt with 2.8.2.rel1.