lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Nuovo messaggio da freemail.it

From: Heather
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Nuovo messaggio da freemail.it
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 11:40:48 -0700 (PDT)

> Hi all!
> With lynx2-8-2rel1 and kernel 2.0.34 (Slack 3.5 - libc5)
> I get the message 'Alert!: Unable to access document'
> when I start the program with local urls (http://localhost/,
> ftp://localhost/) (yes, related servers are running!) on
> command line.
> It don't works neighter in remote, too!
> Maybe known problems?
> Any hint or suggestion will be very appreciated.
> Mny thanks

Investigate /var/log/httpd/ logfiles in case the web server has useful
error or access messages for you.  (tail -f on the file, then lynx it from
another virtual console.  This should make clear what messages pop up when
you try.)

Are you able to use a normal ftp client to ftp localhost?

Do you have proxy variables set?  Maybe the localhost it is trying to
access is not the one you think it is!

* Heather