lynx-dev

lynx-dev Y2K inquiry (was something strange)

From: Philip Webb
Subject: lynx-dev Y2K inquiry (was something strange)
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 23:23:58 -0400 (EDT)

990806 Angus Creech wrote:
> I work for Edinburgh University in Scotland,
> and we use the Lynx browser across our networks.
> We are currently testing our applications for Y2K compliancy,
> and I was wondering if Lynx suffers from any Year 2000 problems?

your inquiry reached lynx-dev by a round-about route
& it's not clear if you received a reply from anyone.

Lynx is free software, so you use it entirely at your own risk,
but it is believed that there are no Y2K problems with Lynx.
the README in the distribution package says:

YEAR 2000 COMPLIANCE

  We believe Lynx works properly for the Year 2000 issues,
  since it does not store dates in 2-digit form.
  Since it must communicate with a wide range of web servers,
  it interprets dates in a variety of formats.
  In particular, if Lynx receives a date with a 2-digit year,
  it assumes that values less than 70 are in the range 2000-2069.