lynx-dev

lynx-dev Borland-compiled binary

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: lynx-dev Borland-compiled binary
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 1999 01:36:07 -0400

Thanks to Hiroyuki Senshu and Tom Dickey, the dev.5 version of Lynx now
compiles on my Borland C++ Builder 4.0. I had to do some things a little
differently than the INSTALLATION says, which I will document presently.
One headache was a missing errno variable somewhere. I ended up just
adding it to a source file; this needs a better fix. Also, creating the
CURSES directory for headers and libraries for both pdcurses and zlib
seems non-intuitive to me. I copied curses.h to pdcurses.h along the way
somewhere as Lynx was looking for something not actually in the PDCurses
distribution.

The pdcurses and zlib makefiles needed to be tweaked a bit:

For pdcurses, there are hard-coded paths to the compiler environment
that are right at the top, but I also needed to alter the makefile
program name from "tlink32" to "ilink32" (don't ask). The demo programs
never compiled, but since Lynx did, that's OK.

For zlib, the msdos/makefile.w32 uses a "-WX" flag that conflicted with
the Borland make program. I removed that flag and the compiler went on.

I've uploaded the binary to http://jim.spath.com/lynx/lynx283dev5.exe
for now. Consider it a beta release as it's not been tested much. HTTP
and FTP seem to work okay, as well as local file browsing.

"Cheers!"

------
<http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?q=%22web+home+for+jim+spath%22>
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
You realise this is going to be a complete waste of time don't you?