lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev non-interactive lynx

From: Klaus Peter Wegge
Subject: Re: lynx-dev non-interactive lynx
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 14:04:30 +0200 (MET DST)

> On Fri, 20 Aug 1999, T.E.Dickey wrote:
> [ attributions omitted ]

> > > Also this can depend on how lynx was compiled: it may behave different
> > > whether it uses the slang library or ncurses.   If I understand right
> > > what he wants to do, ncurses should work better.
> >
> > hmm - second look (Friday's are bad for thinking).  He's piping into Lynx.
> > so it's a different one.  As you stated though, ncurses should work better
> > because slang tries to open /dev/tty, right?
>
> Assuming that the command he wants to pipe into is really just "lynx",
> and commands.txt contains keystroke bytes (not really text) - yes, that's
> what I was thinking of.  (it would be an unusual way of using lynx non-
> interactively.)
>
> If he omitted something, and the command is really "lynx -dump -" or
> "lynx -" or similar, then the slang/curses difference may not apply.

I used the ability of lynx to read keystroke commands from stdin
for driving lynx with a speech recognition.
I played with this on Linux with lynx2.8.2 (ncurses).
But I've never tested it with the current development version.
For this example, it is very interesting for me, that lynx supports
reading commands from stdin.
Or do you have a better idea how I should couple
voice recognition and lynx?

Klaus-Peter