lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev options menu bug?

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev options menu bug?
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 10:01:57 +0900 (JST)

> My two cents: If you have this option on a page that
> has a box "Save options to disk", it should be saved to disk!
> If some options are not going to be saved to disk, it
> should be clearly labeled on that page.
>
> I'll tell the user about the secret "[" command, though. At
> least then he won't have to go into the options menu to change
> the Show Options setting every time he starts lynx up.

I'll add another two cents.  Why are "Show images" and "HTML
error recovery" on the Options Menu?  Since valuable keys have
been assigned to these, "*" in combination with "[", and "^V",
wouldn't it make more sense to not have them listed as O)ptions,
but rather have them described, as they already are, under the
K)eybindings?  I vote for their removal from the O)ptions Menu
in favor of labeling them as "not savable."

__Henry