lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.3.dev8: CPU problems connecting to a site

From: Frederic L . W . Meunier
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.3.dev8: CPU problems connecting to a site
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 07:43:56 -0300

Vlad Harchev <address@hidden> wrote:
>Sorry for confusion -you don't use justification-enabled lynx, so part of my

Was using in dev.7, but I got a lot of strange results, like various
spaces in the HTML text.

>Now IMO it's due to the use of new gcc. Did you override CFLAGS when
>compiling lynx?

Yes, I have set CFLAGS to -O6 -malign-loops=2 malign-jumps=2
-malign-functions=2. Maybe I should stop using CFLAGS for Lynx again. I
didn't see any differences, only a smaller binary. And with this it's
impossible to help you! I have gcc 2.7.2.3 too if the compiler is the
problem.

>Can you compile lynx without optimizations and with debugging info:
>CFLAGS=-g3 -O0 ./configure --your-favourite-switches

Yes, wait some hours. Need to --enable-debug or it's what I get whit
this CFLAGS?

>If it still hangs, can you attach to the lynx with gdb and make 'bt' (to see
>in which function lynx is spending all time)?

Will have to read the gdc docs. Never used 'bt'.

I tried this site again now, and yes, it eats all the CPU. Third time.

Another question is regarding color support. If you enable lss you
can't use the lynx.cfg colors? When I call lynx without -lss=file it
loads up the lss things (from /usr/local/lib/lynx.lss I think). If I
move this file, I only get a black/white Lynx and in the commandline
some strange characters, like y¨y¨y¨y¨y¨, sometimes with red or brown
as the background (only for those characters). I don't think it's a
problem with my TERM variable or ncurses. I use the same scheme with
Mutt and it works fine. I set TERM to rxvt but tried xterm-color too,
getting the same result. Worked fine with dev.6 but compiled with
S-Lang 1.3.8.

--
Frederic L. W. Meunier \ address@hidden,urbi.com.br}
IRC: _19751127!date \ Tel: +55-21-620-7173 \ Niteroi, RJ - Brasil