Re: lynx-dev tech. question: translating strings to different charsets

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev tech. question: translating strings to different charsets
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 21:36:09 +0500 (SAMST)

On Mon, 13 Sep 1999, Henry Nelson wrote:

> >  I plan to implement the following confiruation setings and commandline
> [...]
> [...]
> >  HYPHENDIR:dirname
> [...]
> [...]
> Totally unacceptable.  We just finished (I thought) a tread on this very
> topic.
> To quote from <>:
>  "PS: I agree that naming convention like HTMLSRC:<syntax item>:...
>    as Leonid suggests would be better, but I won't implement it since 2.8.2
> was
>    released."

 Thanks for quoting. Seems that you collect or bookmark messages in
which I criticize myself in some way :)

 The HTMLSRC_* settings are very similar to each other in destiny - all they
specify how particular lexem will be rendered, so it could be reasonable to
group them in one.
 The HY* settings  control different aspects (one defines directory, one
controlls boolen value, others provide means for pattern matching) - so it's
not reasonable to group them under one big setting (and I will need to write
code similar to LYreadCFG.c - ie binary search in the space of the allowed
sub-settings, etc).

> __Henry

 Best regards,