lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev funky funky funky

From: brian j pardy
Subject: Re: lynx-dev funky funky funky
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 18:17:13 -0400

On Tue, Sep 14, 1999, Henry Nelson wrote:
> > > !         fprintf(tfp, "lynx: %s\n", txt);
> > >       exit_immediately(-1);
> > >       return(-1);
> > >   }
> >
> > Just to nitpick a little bit (sorry Henry :) -- seems to me we should
> > try to use argv[0] here instead of the static string "lynx", in case
> > someone invokes lynx under a different name.
>
> Not nitpicking, and no need to apologize.  Good job!  If we're going to
> do it at all, let's do it right.  When we start having to say "sorry
> Lynx" then we're really in trouble.
>
> Thanks for the tip.

Well, it's a nitpick because I was too lazy to look at the code and
see if the source file that was in had any access to argv[0] -- what
was it, HTInit.c or something?

The only things I'm sorry for are anything I've done that can be
considered bloat, which I kind of feel the domain-level tweaking of
COOKIE_LOOSE_INVALID_DOMAINS and such could be.  It's also something
that I didn't really do right -- I was too lazy to put in proper
wildcard matching, etc.  I'm not sure if it's worth fixing since it
isn't really broke, and I haven't seen anybody complain.  But I don't
even use it.  Hopefully someone does and it's not solely bloat.

--
It took me fifteen years to discover that I had no talent for writing,
but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous.