lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx do not save to disk

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx do not save to disk
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 11:38:19 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 25 Sep 1999, megelasr wrote:

> 1. Lynxw32 (2.8.2. "certainly the version seems to be not relevant!")
> do not save download files to disk!

You will need to give us more information to help. Not only may the
version be relevant, but also exactly where you got the binary, how
you set it up, and how you invoked it. Please also let us know your
operating system and where in your system you placed lynx. Directory
structure can be tricky in Windows. Did you put lynx in a directory
directly off root to make things easier?

To see where lynx is trying to save your files, invoke trace (CTRL-T)
immediately before trying to save files. You should be able to look at
the trace file in your HOME directory to see what lynx did (assuming
that you set lynx up properly with a HOME directory).

> In the lynx.cfg I entered my email address, and I left the novice user
> option.
> What is wrong?

Email address and novice user shouldn't have anything to do with
saving files. Is this a separate problem?

> 2. what to do when a site accepts only netscape or ie browser?

How do you know that only netscape or ie are accepted? Messages on
your screen about frames are frequently incorrect. Do you have a
specific URL that gives you trouble? If the site uses javascript, lynx
may not be able to be used.
                                Doug

__
Doug Kaufman