lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx incompatible with http://news.gnome.org/gnome-news/?

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx incompatible with http://news.gnome.org/gnome-news/?
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 11:17:05 -0400 (EDT)

From: Klaus Weide <address@hidden>
On Tue, 28 Sep 1999, Frederic L . W . Meunier wrote:
> http://news.gnome.org/gnome-news/

and then later

> > In the end I see Add Cancel, both clickables, but it
> > seems that they're for upload, since I get Alert!: Can't open file for
> > uploading. Any hints?
>
> I guess you have compiled lynx with
>   --enable-file-upload    use experimental file-upload support

> Or try to get the file-upload stuff to work, by doing something
> with the File entry field.  It is experimental, so experiment.

The interesting thing here is that even the Cancel button, which should not,
in theory, be worrying about 'submitting a file for uploading' results in
Lynx Version 2.8.3dev.9 generating that alert.  I will have to upgrade
and see if that changes with the latest version...
--
Larry W. Virden                 <URL: mailto:address@hidden>
-><-