lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Licensing Lynx: Summary (Repost with a few typos corrected

From: Brett Glass
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Licensing Lynx: Summary (Repost with a few typos corrected)
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 14:54:19 -0600

At 02:49 PM 10/6/99 -0400, Gene Collins wrote:

>Your answer to this question precisely demonstrates why ou need to do
>more research.  Many blind users are successfully using pine from shell
>accounts, and lately with the appearence of the speakup package,
>directly from the system console.

Ah, but "Speakup" is licensed under the GPL, and is available
only for Linux, which is also licensed under the GPL. I hope you can
understand why we do not want to recommend a solution which is tied,
irrevocably, to any one operating system -- especially one which is
published under the GPL. Besides, we want to do better.

--Brett