lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev LYLoadCGI

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYLoadCGI
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 03:26:52 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 7 Oct 1999, Stewart, Larry G wrote:

> Question: The above function is called multiple times by the LYNX2-6 code.
> However, I can not tell where the code is called from. I have searched all
> directories. The reason I question this is I am trying to find where the
> string passed in the "arg" parameter is constructed.
>
> PUBLIC int LYLoadCGI (
>       CONST char *            arg,  /* URlencoded string for executable
> and arguments */
>       HTParentAnchor *        anAnchor,
>       HTFormat                format_out,
>       HTStream*               sink)
> {

Yes, this is one of the more confusing aspects of the code...

It is called from HTload in HTAccess.c, via the function
pointer (p->load).  Most HTLoad* fucntiosn are only called
that way, you won't find any explicit calls for them in the
code.

So you can see "arg" is HTAnchor_physical(anchor).  That, and
the function pointer itself, is being set in get_physical.
Which in turn uses the protocol pointers initialized in
HTAccessInit.

I am curious why you are still hacking on 2-6, the latest version
is 2.8.2 or 2.8.3dev.

   Klaus