lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx check mail

From: Eduardo Chappa L.
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx check mail
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 00:07:49 -0700 (PDT)

Vlad Comments about checking e-mail:
:)
:)  IMO this functionality can be achieved with the use of fetchmail:

Yes, there are many ways to do this, that usually requires extra
installation of software (there's for example an imap package distributed
at UW which has a checkmail program incorporated). What I am saying is
that if someone wants to have this incorporated as part of his/her own
version of lynx, let me know. I am not sending a patch because I realize
there will be a holly war about how to do this and probably we would end
up enlarging lynx.cfg for users that prefer one method over another.

Eduardo
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/personal.html