lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx Query

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx Query
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 07:35:07 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 15 Oct 1999, George Mitri wrote:

> I've just installed Lunx 2.8.2 on my Pentium III 450 running Win98 Second
> Ed. after using Lynx 2.8.2 on the X-Terms at school.  One problem that I've
> encountered is that it gives me a message on startup saying it's "Out of
> environment space" before loading up, and then hanging the machine (which I
> can bring back to like using the Ctrl-Alt-Del program "shutter-downer" in
> Win98).

Run lynx from a shortcut to your batch file. Right click on the shortcut
and go to properties. Change the environment space from auto to 4096. As
you have it now, none of the environment variables are set, so lynx
doesn't see $HOME or $LYNX_CFG. You may want to change your default
environment space in config.sys also.
                                Doug
__
Doug Kaufman