lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev "sticky" things

From: mattack
Subject: Re: lynx-dev "sticky" things
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 18:09:04 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 16 Oct 1999, Leonid Pauzner wrote:
>16-Oct-99 01:40 address@hidden wrote:
>>>help avoiding *accidentally* returning.
>
>> So are you saying ^V-leftarrow won't work in this situation?
>
>It would be silly to press ^V-leftarrow to return to previous document
>when the only link on the page is a text input field.

Why would the only link on a page be a text input field?  Wouldn't there also
be a SUBMIT button?  (And usually a RESET button.  I can't think of a time when
I've intentionally used a RESET button but that's a different topic.)

I'm not sure if you're just arguing against the extra keystroke or what. I'm
arguing _for_ the extra keystroke in what I consider a rare case - wanting
to go back a page when the cursor is in an input field, rather than going back
a page when the user really just wants to edit the text.