lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Looking for scriptable web browser

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Looking for scriptable web browser
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 06:51:53 -0400 (EDT)

Re: scriptable web page.

I know that I looked into scripting lynx for a while myself.  The reason
that I wanted was simple - wget doesn't cut it for anything more complex than
http based 'ftp' like sites.

What I was trying to do was to log into a site with a login and password, then
download a series of msgs.

For my most critical need, the remote site finally provided POP access and
I moved to using fetchmail to get the msgs I wanted.

However, there are still a lot of sites where developing scripting for
lynx would enable me to fetch series of msgs from 'brain dead' interfaced
web forums, etc.

One _could_ write Tcl or Perl (Python, Java, etc.) code to go walking thru
these sites.  Frankly, scripting lynx would probably be easier though...
--
Larry W. Virden                 <URL: mailto:address@hidden>
-><-