lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev JavaScript again (was no subject)

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev JavaScript again (was no subject)
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 12:06:21 +0100 (BST)

> it just simplifies things from a Javascript perspective.  If Lynx uses
> the Javascript objects internally, it's a lot simpler interfacing Javascript

The objects are the browser object model not Javascript objects; the same
objects are used for VBScript in IE.  The Netscape object model is different
from the IE one, although, if one avoids layers, and keeps to the Netscape
model, the pages normally work with IE as well.

The W3C object model is different again, although I think IE uses it for
XML.