lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev nothing changes/no way to save changes on O)ption page

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev nothing changes/no way to save changes on O)ption page
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 09:47:35 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 27 Oct 1999, Henry Nelson wrote:

> Can't seem to make changes to options, nor does there seem to be
> a button to submit changes even if I could make them.  This is
> dev13 with Klaus' patches.  Unfortunately this build is a first-
         ^^ (later correction noted - it's from the earlier patch)
> time on a "new" system I am not used to.  Failed to set something?

Let me guess: you are using

  --disable-menu-options  disable old-style option menu

It's not your fault lynx behaves wrong with that...

I added this to LYOptions.c (and it's in dev.13 now), somewhere around
line 4182:
    /*
     * Without LYUseFormsOptions set we should maybe not even get here.
     * However, it's possible we do; disable the form in that case. - kw
     */
    if (!LYUseFormsOptions)
        disable_all = TRUE;

Which makes sense... if LYUseFormsOptions were doing what its name
indicates.  But it doesn't, there is this weird hack in LYGlobalDefs.h:

#if !defined(NO_OPTION_FORMS) && !defined(NO_OPTION_MENU)
extern BOOLEAN LYUseFormsOptions; /* use Forms-based options menu */
#else
#define LYUseFormsOptions FALSE /* simplify ifdef'ing in LYMainLoop.c */
#endif

In other words, with --disable-menu-options but --enable-forms-options
LYUseFormsOptions will be defined as FALSE, the opposite of what could
be expected.

Could someone please fix the illogical definition of LYUseFormsOptions.

For now as a quick fix, make the added lines in LYOptions.c conditional:

#ifndef NO_OPTION_MENU
    if (!LYUseFormsOptions)
        disable_all = TRUE;
#endif

(or of course just don't use --disable-menu-options).

    ------

Not directly related, but it makes me wonder:  Can both of
  --disable-forms-options disable experimental forms-based options
  --disable-menu-options  disable old-style option menu
be used together?

  Klaus