lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev ^L in popup corrupts screen (w/ ncurses)

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev ^L in popup corrupts screen (w/ ncurses)
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 08:45:13 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 30 Oct 1999, Ismael Cordeiro wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Oct 1999, Klaus Weide wrote:
>
> > Do others see this too, with ncurses?
>
> I did try to check it. I compiled ncurses-5.0 on this FreeBSD 2.2.7 system
> and compiled lynx with it. However ncurses insists in not allowing TERM=vt100
> to display colors.

Yeah, but why should it?  (Just because others do it?)

Or, to ask differently, why do you insist on calling it a VT100 when it
isn't?

Well, I have no problem with *that* part of lynx-with-ncurses.

> It even considers the "Color" option an "unmodifiable"
> one. So, I erased that lynx compiled with ncurses, erased ncurses and went
> back to my old, proved and reliable lynx compiled with slang.

Heh, that's your choice.  But you could have checked whether the popup
problem exists in mono, before erasing that lynx...

   Klaus