lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev t2thtml & t2tgrnest

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev t2thtml & t2tgrnest
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 18:46:57 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 24 Nov 1999, Philip Webb wrote:

> (red face) yes, i should have known, having just got the gawk package,
> which includes advice for many platforms.  however, for `pc' it says:
>
>  Building on DOS or Windows environments can be troublesome ...
>
> it's not impossible, but in the context of providing tables support
> for ordinary DOS/Windows users, gawk may not be a sensible approach.
> this week, i have replied to a couple of inquiries from Lynx beginners
> who obtained the wrong package & had no idea how to proceed;

Yes. If awk were to be important to using lynx, instructions on how to
set it up would have to be in the README file. Precompiled binaries
are readily available for DOS. I (and others who distribute the
binary) would probably want to include the binary with lynx in the
package (as I already do with sed, mv, cat, etc.).
                             Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden