Re: lynx-dev libreadline

From: brian j pardy
Subject: Re: lynx-dev libreadline
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 21:35:59 -0500

On Fri, Dec 10, 1999, Vlad Harchev wrote:
>  I'm not familiar with libreadline as programmer, but as a user (of
>  bash for example :) I wish to warn you - readline behaviour is:
>  when user input is longer than screen, next line (and so on) are
>  used for displaying user input (I don't know whether this could be
>  turned off programmatically). Such behaviour will make screen
>  looking confusing (user input is scrolled in current implemenation
>  of prompts in lynx).

That's true.  AFAIK it can't be disabled in .inputrc, I just did a
quick skim of my readline manpage, but I think I have an old version.

If it can't be disabled, we may have to just consider that an artifact
of using readline and warn about it.

"I always find my self wondering how people who can't code manage to get
 through life."
                                - Steve Gifford