lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev libreadline

From: brian j pardy
Subject: Re: lynx-dev libreadline
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 21:35:59 -0500

On Fri, Dec 10, 1999, Vlad Harchev wrote:
>  I'm not familiar with libreadline as programmer, but as a user (of
>  bash for example :) I wish to warn you - readline behaviour is:
>  when user input is longer than screen, next line (and so on) are
>  used for displaying user input (I don't know whether this could be
>  turned off programmatically). Such behaviour will make screen
>  looking confusing (user input is scrolled in current implemenation
>  of prompts in lynx).

That's true.  AFAIK it can't be disabled in .inputrc, I just did a
quick skim of my readline manpage, but I think I have an old version.

If it can't be disabled, we may have to just consider that an artifact
of using readline and warn about it.

--
"I always find my self wondering how people who can't code manage to get
 through life."