lynx-dev

[no subject]

From: Michael Warner
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 20:49:54 -0800 (PST)

On or about 15 Dec, 1999, Doug Kaufman
<address@hidden> wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, Peter Castine wrote:
>
> > Anyway, if someone wants to try their luck, the site that's not liked by
> > Lynx at all is:
> >
> >      <http://www.icmc2000.org/>
> >
> > and the site that was misdirected is:
> >
> >      <http://www.transparency.de/>
>
> Using lynx2.8.3dev.6 and lynx2.8.3dev.8, no problem accessing
> "http://www.icmc2000.org/";. I don't have a more recent version
> compiled on the machine I am on now. What version of lynx gave the
> problem?

FWIW:

I tried both sites, using dev.16, going through wsu.edu's caching proxy, both
seemed fine.

Tried them both again, with no_proxy, got the "/error.html" page
from the "icmc2000" site, no problem with the "transparency" site.

Tried again with ^T)race'ing on, and couldn't reproduce it.
Several more tries, with and without the proxy, with and without
tracing, both sites, also failed to reproduce the problem.

I wish now I'd traced all the attempts.  Live and learn, eh?

--
Michael Warner
<address@hidden>