lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx crash

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx crash
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 11:21:41 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 12 Dec 1999, Larry W. Virden wrote:

> I was at mail.yahoo.com tonite and went to do an 'empty trash' operation
> and got a core dump.

I have no idea what an 'empty trash' operation is, in terms of protocol
interaction.  I have to assume it's just another HTTP reques, as far as
Lynx is concerned.

> I can send along as need demands info about configuration, platform, etc.
> Let me know specifically what info would be of help.  Note this was not
> the first Empty Trash operation I had done during the particular lynx
> session.  It is however the first I had requested I believe since doing
> a text field edit, inserting a large number of lines into the text field.

Do you have "Links and form fields are numbered"?

"Inserting" how?

> A Fatal error has occurred in Lynx Ver. 2.8.3dev.16

[Backtrace snipped]

Looks like memory corruption caused by code for TEXTAREA special
functions.

   Klaus