lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx crash

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx crash
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 14:28:16 -0500 (EST)

From: Klaus Weide <address@hidden>
> On Sun, 12 Dec 1999, Larry W. Virden wrote:
> > I was at mail.yahoo.com tonite and went to do an 'empty trash' operation
> > and got a core dump.
>
> I have no idea what an 'empty trash' operation is, in terms of protocol
> interaction.  I have to assume it's just another HTTP reques, as far as
> Lynx is concerned.

I suspect so.  unfortunately, since the time I submitted the brief problem
report, there was a death in the family and now most of the details of
the specific events are rather scattered in my brain.

> Do you have "Links and form fields are numbered"?
Yes

> "Inserting" how?
Using ^V ^e in a textarea field to drop into my editor, then to read an
amount of text (again - sorry I can't give you more specifics...)
into the file, then left the editor, responded n to the wrapping question
(I _never_ want to answer yes there - too bad I can't tell lynx not to bother
asking me that question) and then pressing the send button to 'submit the form'
(I assume) to yahoo.

> > A Fatal error has occurred in Lynx Ver. 2.8.3dev.16
> >

> [Backtrace snipped]
>
> Looks like memory corruption caused by code for TEXTAREA special
> functions.

Thanks for looking at the trace.  I would like to take a crack at building
17, but right now, I'm having concentration problems...  perhaps after a bit
of rest this evening I can get on from home and make some progress.
--
Larry W. Virden <URL:mailto:address@hidden><http://www.usenix.org/events/tcl2k/>
-><-