lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.3dev.17

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.3dev.17
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 03:34:51 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, Vlad Harchev wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, Henry Nelson wrote:
>
> > Why the need for all the duplication?  PLEASE DON'T add a lynx.cfg option if
> > you're not willing to remove the .lynxrc one.

Adding options for the same setting to lynx.cfg AND the Options Menu (.lynxrc)
is NOT duplication that should be avoided.

At least, it hasn't been considered like that, so far.

Henry, are you trying to sneak in some kind of new policy here??
Then be consistent, and send patches to remove "Show Cursor" from either
the Options Menus or from lynx.cfg (i.e., LYReadCFG.c processing).  Same
for "User Mode", same for the majority of options in the Options Menu.

>  As other say, no .lynxrc option exists for it. It should be saved somewhere,
> and I don't insist on lynx.cfg at all.

But I do.

The only reason why there wouldn't be one is laziness.

  Klaus