lynx-dev

lynx-dev sidenote on early removal of files passed to viewers

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: lynx-dev sidenote on early removal of files passed to viewers
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 11:56:47 +0900 (JST)

> (I'm wondering
> why you are still doing removal in lynx, rather than in your viewer
> scripts - but we discussed that, long time ago.)

Don't trust myself to write a secure script; also, I really don't want
public access people to even have the ability to execute a shell, let
alone run a script.  Same [sick] psychology as "if (iscntrl(FROMASCII
(from_hex(p[1])*16 + from_hex(p[2]))))" in HTParse.c: stop the monkey
business before it starts.

__Henry