lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev THANKS AND QUESTION

From: pg
Subject: Re: lynx-dev THANKS AND QUESTION
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 23:14:16 -0700 (MST)

In a recent note, Philip Webb said:

> Date: Sun, 2 Jan 100 23:53:06 -0500 (EST)
>
> >> a simpler way to do it is to hit `\' (backslash) & `p'rint the result.
> > Careful; does this cause problems if lines are wrapped?
>
> no: 2-8-3dev.14 stores the full lines,
> tho' i seem to remember some problem with CR/LF somewhere
> & maybe with character-set translations: experts?

Hmmm.  I just tried it with the lynx-dev page:

   Linkname: Lynx-Dev Discussion List

The only difference is that the version (p)rinted from the source view
lacks blank lines present in the (d)ownloaded version.  I suppose this
can be configured out, but the lesson is at least that there may be
differences unless you know precisely what options to select.

-- gil
--
StorageTek
INFORMATION made POWERFUL