lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev dev.18 patch: USE_PRETTYSRC, lynx.cfg

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev dev.18 patch: USE_PRETTYSRC, lynx.cfg
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 09:25:03 +0400 (SAMT)

On Sun, 9 Jan 2000, Klaus Weide wrote:

> On Sat, 8 Jan 2000, Leonid Pauzner wrote:
> >[...]
> > PRETTYSRC:ATTRNAME_CASE:*
> > PRETTYSRC:TAGNAME_CASE:*
> > PRETTYSRC:NO_ANCHOR_NUMBERING:*
>
> I like this.
>
> The only "problem" with grouping options like this (making them
> suboptions of another) is that parsing them in LYReadCFG.c needs
> a function.  But two of the three above were already functions
> anyway, rather than simple variables or strings.

  *XFORM are implemented as functions (those functions check user input).

  But I'm thinking on using another way, like this one:
PRETTYSRC.ATTRNAME_CASE:
PRETTYSRC.TAGNAME_CASE:*
PRETTYSRC.NO_ANCHOR_NUMBERING:*
  (ie "PRETTYSRC:NO_ANCHOR_NUMBERING" will directly go to table of options in
lynx.cfg).

  This style IMO looks better than FOO_BAR (and may be even better than
FOO:BAR), but doesn't requires new parsing routines.

  Also it seems that such approach could be used for all lynx.cfg options.
  We could make new synonims for old options, without dropping old options'
names.

 Best regards,
  -Vlad