lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Mouse support on the console?

From: Morten Bo Johansen
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Mouse support on the console?
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 05:23:14 +0100

T.E.Dickey <address@hidden> said:

> and ncurses was configured with gpm?
>       configure --with-gpm

I don't know - it is the precompiled stock SuSE 6.2 version. I'm a little
wary of messing around with it since SuSE depends heavily on ncurses - even
the bash shell relies on it so if I uninstall it to install another version
my system will be disfunctional. Maybe you can suggest a safe procedure here?
Can I check - as with nm or strings - is my version of ncurses was indeed
compiled with gpm support?

> The lynx configure script is supposed to test if it must use -lncurses -lgpm,
> so that's another check.

This is a snippet from the config.log. There is a failure notice at the end
which may have something to do with it..?

configure:7263: checking for Gpm_Open in -lgpm
configure:7282: gcc -o conftest -O2 -DLINUX -D_GNU_SOURCE   conftest.c -lgpm
configure:7298: checking for initscr in -lgpm
configure:7317: gcc -o conftest -O2 -DLINUX -D_GNU_SOURCE   conftest.c -lgpm
configure:7395: checking for initscr
configure:7423: gcc -o conftest -O2 -DLINUX -D_GNU_SOURCE   conftest.c    1>&5
/tmp/ccMjREEc.o: In function main':
/tmp/ccMjREEc.o(.text+0x4): undefined reference to initscr'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure: failed program was:
#line 7400 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"