Re: lynx-dev Re: your mail

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: your mail
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 100 16:44:16 -0500 (EST)

> T.E.Dickey wrote:
> | > Looking for a sample. Now on
> | > searching for BOA
> | > Entering to the Download link download starting and after
> | > download comes the problem.
> |
> | It works properly when I do as you describe.  Here's the contents:
> And the contents how shows at you? Maybe the problem is at

I listed the contents with a script that does 'gzip -dc |tar tvf -'.

> me, that no 'more or less' configured and I didn't see the
> output. Hmm.

This is the page that I downloaded from (yes, dev.17 trims the blank lines,
but since that was the only bug that impacted me, I've not compiled dev.18
on my ISP account):

                         If you here! find: _______________ partner
   news |
   appindex |
   editorials | lounge |
   contribute |
   feedback | about |
   awards |
   FAQ |
   Boa 0.94.2
   Jonathon Nelson - January 30th 2000, 02:23 EST
   Boa is a single-tasking HTTP server. That means that unlike
   traditional web servers, it does not fork for each incoming
   connection, nor does it fork many copies of itself to handle multiple
   connections. It internally multiplexes all of the ongoing HTTP
   connections, and forks only for CGI programs (which must be separate
   processes), automatic directory generation, and automatic file
   gunzipping. Preliminary tests show boa is capable of handling several
   hundred hits per second on a 100 Mhz Pentium, and dozens of hits per
   second on a lowly 20 MHz 386/SX.
   Changes: Fixed pipeline bug causing potential corruption. Some Debian
   GNU/Linux specific changes (init script) Added code for (requires
   compile-time tweak) for *BSD systems.
   Urgency: low
          Download: (573 hits)
   Debian Packages: (60