lynx-dev

lynx-dev problem accessing remote sites (was nothing)

From: Philip Webb
Subject: lynx-dev problem accessing remote sites (was nothing)
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 19:06:44 -0500

000131 address@hidden wrote:
> I use lynx 2.8 on a Suse 6.2 and have the following problem :

that's rather out of date: first of all,
try the latest release 2-8-2 from  www.slcc.edu/lynx/release/
or the development version 2-8-3dev.18 from  sol.slcc.edu/lynx/current/ .

others know much more than me about such things,
but i don't remember seeing `Suse' before: should you tell more about it?

> when I am connected to the Internet lynx can't get the remote pages
> I'm asking for with the message Alert Unable to access document
> though I can use Netscape whithout any problem.
> It seems that lynx only gets local pages.

that usually means the file isn't in the directory named.
you need to give us example of URLs you have been using.

> I deleted my .lynxrc file but it did not help.

that shouldn't affect matters.