lynx-dev

lynx-dev Followup to Windows latest lynx fix for news posting

From: vtailor
Subject: lynx-dev Followup to Windows latest lynx fix for news posting
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 20:56:23 -0600 (CST)

The enclosed nonstandard diff documents the changes that I use to get
src\LYNews.c to work under Windows.  The code is intended as a suggestion
to developers only.  Note that the original code launches an external
editor, which returns immediately to the calling program before the
article has been written on that editor:

; From lynx2-8-3\src\LYNews.c
381,382d380
< nonempty = message_has_content(my_tempfile);
<
420,423d417
< if (!nonempty) {
<       HTAlert(gettext("Message has no original text!"));
<       goto cleanup;
<     }
430a425,430
>     if (!no_editor && editor && *editor != '\0')
>       nonempty = message_has_content(my_tempfile);
>     if (!nonempty) {
>       HTAlert(gettext("Message has no original text!"));
>       goto cleanup;
>     }

; From lynx2-8-3\www\library\implementation\www_tcp.h:
; Note that the MingW32 version of dirent won't work unless you
; set things up with typedefs in i386-MingW32\lib\dirent.h

84c84,85
< #define STRUCT_DIRENT struct dirent
---
> #ifdef __MINGW32__