lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Re: your mail

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: your mail
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 20:49:24 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, Gabor Z. Papp wrote:

> Thanks. I have only one question left.
>
> When I enter on a link, that contains a download link to a
> file, downloading starting, and at the end of download I see
> something in the screen, but file not saved. Where can I
> define, that downloaded file must be saved somewhere?
> Sometimes asked for D)ownload C)ancel, but not always.

If you know that it is a "download link", just use 'd' instead if
Return/Enter.

For FTP, Lynx doesn't know which files are binary and which are text
files, except by the file extension, and the default assumption is
that a file with an unknown extension is plain text (sol lynx tries
to display it directly).  You may add mappings for file extensions
in your mime.types file (see lynx.cfg for its location), or see SUFFIX
in lynx.cfg.

   Klaus