lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Unknown problem with lynx and Websterbank Web Banking servi

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Unknown problem with lynx and Websterbank Web Banking service
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 00:07:30 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 31 Jan 2000, Jason Castonguay wrote:

> Hello everyone.
>
> I will try to explain this problem as best as I can (don't ask exactly
> what that means <grin>).
>
> I am having a problem with lynx and Websterbank's web-banking service when
> I try to add merchants to my currently-empty merchant list.  I choose "add
> merchant" from the "merchant accounts" page.  It presents me with a search
> field, in which I type the name to search for.  The submit button is right
> below it.  I enter on that link and get the error I have come to dread so
> much <grin>.  [...]
>
> If any of you would like to try this out for yourselves, there is a
> "demo" web-banking facility [...details snipped, see original message...]

> http://www.websterbank.com/

[...]
> Again, please reply to me personally if possible, as I am not a member of
> this list.  Thank you very much for your time.

I don't have a Lynx with SSL, but I went through your trace file.
There is something suspicious in the last page (the one where you enter
your search term): the FORM that contains the text input field for the
search string seems to use the same from field name, "OLB_CMD-SBP-031",
twice - once as the name of the "Search" submit button, and once as
the name of a hidden input field.  I am not sure that input field names
are *required* to be unique by the specs.  But if they are not, this
could easily confuse the server-side script (or whatever it is that
processes the submission).

It would probably help to see the HTML markup for this form.
Maybe it's an error from which other browsers reciver in a different
way.

   Klaus