lynx-dev

lynx-dev Question Concerning URL Access

From: Ron Canazzi
Subject: lynx-dev Question Concerning URL Access
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 04:24:33 -0500

Hello Lynx Dev:

I recently downloaded a compiled version of Lynx for Windows 95/98/NT (win32) from

http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/lynxport.htm

and while it works quite well, I seem to have one problem that I can't solve.

In an earlier version (version 2.7x) I did not have to type the http:// before each address after issuing the Goto 'g' command.  I could simply type www.anywhere.com/... and Lynx would assume the http:// prefix.

When using the aforementioned compiled version (version 2.82) when I type the URL without the http:// prefix, I get the message "badly formed address" and no action results.  When typing the http:// prefix, I can access all such links.

I have tried editing the lynx.cfg prefix and suffix reference and no matter how I do so, the same error results.

I believe I should have default prefix set to:

URL_DOMAIN_PREFIXES:www.

Thanks in advance!

If you take away man's clothes;
if you take away his tools and his toys;
if you stick him in a tree and place a banana in his hand,
then he is indistinguishable from an anthropoid ape!