lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Re: Administrivia: List "reply" address

From: Eduardo Chappa L.
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: Administrivia: List "reply" address
Date: Sat, 6 May 2000 20:41:09 -0700 (PDT)

*** David Combs wrote in the Lynx list today:

:) On Sat, May 06, 2000 at 06:59:33PM +0200, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
:) > Bob Izenberg <address@hidden> wrote:
:) >
:) > > Item for discussion: Should the Lynx-Dev list messages be
:) > > sent with the message author's return address,
:) >
:) > Of course.
:) > And without subject prefix, too.
:) >
:) I assume you're joking.
:)
:) Without the lynx prefix, just how is mutt etc to
:) keep all the lynx stuff contiguous.
:)

The problem here is the way you organize your mail.  I use pine and filter
(using procmail) all the e-mail from the list to an incoming folder,
completely different from my INBOX, so I do not need to keep all mail with
a certain string in a subject together in the same index, but in a
separate folder. I also never see the "lynx-dev" part in my index, so I
have more space to read the real subject, very handy in this list. Maybe
it would be a good idea to eliminate the "lynx-dev" part in the subject, I
suspect it is there for historical reasons, not because is really needed,
or is it?

I do not know if mutt has the ability to enable reading of more than one
incoming folder (I suspect it does), in case it does, I encourage you to
use it.

--
Eduardo
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/