lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.3 with nmh problems

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.3 with nmh problems
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 14:25:27 -0400

000509 Klaus Weide wrote:
> Removing the logic for the temporary directory completely,
> for those who don't need it, is the best solution.
> Or at least giving the option to do so at compile time.
-- snip --
> If both are true, then I want to compile lynx
> such that it never creates a temporary directory on this system.
-- snip --

i have been following your erudite debate with interest.
in view of the fact that many (most?) users now run Lynx on 1-user systems,
is there not a case for establishing a compile-time flag `--multi-user',
which would act like `--anonymous', but be less restrictive.
among other things, it would invoke TD's fix for temporary directories,
which would otherwise be omitted for ordinary loners.
NO security features are needed for the latter, surely?