lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Re: lynx: can't run without a terminal

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: lynx: can't run without a terminal
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 15:19:46 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 25 May 2000, Thomas Dickey wrote:

> You're apparently talking about the slang configuration...

Yes, and I pointed out the responsible code:

| The problem is caused by this code in LYMain.c:
|
| #if defined(USE_KEYMAPS) && defined(USE_SLANG)
|     if (-1 == lynx_initialize_keymaps ())
|         exit (-1);
| #endif

I don't understand why it is where it is (before -term is parsed), or why
the call has to be in LYMain.c at all when that isn't done for ncurses.

---------------- with src/lynx compile w/ slang: -----------
$ (unset TERM;src/lynx http://localhost -dump)
TERM environment variable needs set.
$ TERM=dumb src/lynx http://localhost -dump
Your terminal lacks the ability to clear the screen or position the cursor.

$ TERM=dumb src/lynx -term=vt100 http://localhost -dump
Your terminal lacks the ability to clear the screen or position the cursor.

$