lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Emacs + UTF-8 + Lynx

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Emacs + UTF-8 + Lynx
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 21:01:39 -0400

On Sun, May 28, 2000 at 07:47:54PM -0500, Klaus Weide wrote:

> What you describe is basically the same problem that CJK output has.
> Cf. recent patch for display_page.  The secret to making it work
> better is: prevent partial updates (or at least: partial writes
> of lines). I.e. clearok() and refresh() often.  (Or at least:
> wredrawln or similar).

...or use a screen library that knows where to start updating.
(I'll take a look on the next patch to see if it would be simple
to make lynx use my experimental UTF-8 driver).  The same scheme
could be used to make drivers for other 16-bit character sets.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com