lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.3

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.3
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2000 20:21:53 +0500 (SAMST)

On Fri, 2 Jun 2000, Thomas Dickey wrote:

> 2000-06-02 (2.8.4dev.3)
>[...]
> * remove unused fragments of backspace logic from print_crawl_to_fd() -TD

  I'm not sure that that backspace logic is really unused (seems a
crazy someone can wish to crawl a site dumping it with backspaces).
Documentation and commandline prompts should be updated to exclude '-crawl' as
a case for which --with-backspaces will work (or I don't understand
something).

> * modify print_wwwfile_to_fd() and print_crawl_to_fd() to refrain from
> emitting
>   an offset for empty lines -TD

  Thanks for this - without it lynx emitted 80 spaces and newline instead of
one newline for each empty line when dumping.

> * modify print_wwwfile_to_fd() to refrain from emitting backspaces when
>   the is_reply parameter is true -TD

  In general, with_backspaces is ignored if -dump or -crawl are not specifed
and the variable LYMain.c:with_backspaces is set to false, so this
modification seems to be unnecessary.

> * add traces for argument parsing, as well as an environment variable
>   LYNX_TRACE which has the effect of the -trace option -TD

  Documentation should be updated too.

> * add configure check for ttyname, used in ifdef's for -stdin option -TD

 Tom, did you considered "show document title in xterm window title" patch?

 Best regards,
  -Vlad