lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Concerning the use of abort in the source of lynx

From: Michael Sokolov
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Concerning the use of abort in the source of lynx
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 00 11:59:22 CDT

Vlad Harchev <address@hidden> wrote:

> But I'm 99% sure that noone of Russians (that lived in Soviet Union) that
> have ever posted to lynx-dev from the date of it's creation were Communists -

Well, you are wrong. I'm Russian and I lived in the Moscow region till 1995. I
was born in 1979, so I grew up in the Soviet Union. Now I'm an international
public service agent, promoting free software, free computing, engineering and
science, and technocratic communism worldwide.

How is this relevant to Lynx? Very simply: Lynx is free software, and free
software is to do date the best and most successful implementation of
Communism.

> since they experienced it on their arse. Seems you haven't and you are lucky.

The Soviet implementation of Communism definitely wasn't correct, especially
since Khrushchev called cybernetics a prostitute of the bourgeoisie. He failed
to see that Communism can be successfully based *only* on cybernetics and
technocracy, and thus be betrayed Communism. To this date free software is the
best and most successful implementation of Communism anywhere. Free software is
what I promote, develop, and maintain.

> You can suffer communism by transferring all your salaries except $400 to some
> charity and trying to live on remaining $400

Well, the way I run the Harhan Engineering Laboratory isn't much different.
Running a major engineering lab and computing center (with huge power-hungry
VAXen and high-end dedicated ARPA Internet connection) that involves expenses
like those of a medium-sized company (office space rent, hardware and its
maintenance, power and cooling, ARPA Internet connection) on a totally non-
profit basis takes a very strong-willed and dedicated Communist.

But let's end this thread now. I responded because I don't want to see insults
against free software (I take an insult against Communism as an insult against
free software) on a mailing list for a piece of free software.

--
Michael Sokolov         Harhan Engineering Laboratory
Public Service Agent    International Free Computing Task Force

Phone: +1-214-824-7693 (Harhan Eng Lab office)
E-mail: address@hidden (ARPA TCP/SMTP) (UUCP coming soon)